The Project “SHS sporty, healthy, safe” is a part of the horizontal priority “SCHOOL EDUCATION: Supporting schools to tackle early school leaving and disadvantage” and two horizontal priorities:
-Achievement of relevant and high quality skills and competences
The project responds to the needs of pupils, teachers and partners’ schools in educational (linguistic competences, lifelong learning, etc.) and social (disadvantage, safety, healthy lifestyle, civic attitudes) field.
The project is implemented in the international cooperation of three schools from Poland, Romania and Italy (choice of partners was based on the earlier contacts, as well as the Global Gateway platform).
Main project objectives:
-Joint development of procedures of the identification, diagnosis and monitoring of disadvantaged students and the disappearance of social competencies in partner schools and the diagnosis of these phenomena
-Reducing the scale of the disappearance of social competencies and disadvantages, as well as the development of individual competencies of project participants
-Development of language and organisation competences
The main target groups of the project are:
• Students and teachers of schools participating in the project
• Parents of students taking part in the project
• Other teachers
The main arguments supporting the implementation of the project are:
• developing procedures for diagnosing and monitoring the disappearance of social competences and disadvantaged groups of students in partner schools
• development of an international list of topics (the areas of sport, health, safety)
• broaden the knowledge of students about the dangers of today’s world
• provide good patterns connected with a healthy, sporty, safe lifestyle
• creation of citizen attitudes among students
• development of language skills of students and teachers
The project will be implemented over a period of 2 years and assume such activities as:
• Diagnosis of the disappearance of social competences and the disadvantaged student in partner schools
• First aid course for all students and teachers of partner schools
• Lectures and workshops on topics related to the project, eg.:
– Internet Risk
– Safety in holidays and vacations
– Health Promoting School
– Stress copying based on good relationships
• Contests with prizes organized by the school, related to the topic of the project.
• School and extracurricular events related to the project organized by the school or other institutions (non-school), eg:
– Day of Health Promotion
– Awareness of Preventative Week
– Water Day
– Sports Day
– Safety of young drivers – an event involving police, firefighters, etc.
The main results of the project are:
• 90 mobilities within the project
• Procedures of diagnosis and monitoring the phenomena of disappearance of social competencies and disadvantaged groups of students
• International list of topics (areas of health, safety, sport) that are relevant to students
• Modernization and attractiveness of teaching methods and tools used by teachers, implemented during basic curricula in the field of PE and health and safety areas
• Expanding students’ knowledge about the dangers of today’s world
• Development of language competences of pupils and teachers
The project assumption is mainly impact on project participants and students’ parents. However, due to the global nature of threats and needs, it is also assumed that the impact on the school environment is at the regional level. In addition, there is impact on regional, national, European and international level on other teachers, students and parents. Therefore, the dissemination of the project through electronic media (website, eTwinning, Facebook) is implemented mainly in English, and the local dissemination in the languages of the partner countries.
After finishing the project, the activities to sustain the results of the project are planned. Due to the possibility of very wide use of the products it is worth to emphasize the following activities:
• Constant monitoring of the disappearance of social competences and disadvantaged groups of pupils
• Inclusion of students from disadvantaged groups through sport – implementation during PE and extracurricular activities
• Maintaining and developing introduced system solutions that encourage students to participate in sport activities – implementation during standard school lessons – classroom hours (PE) and extracurricular activities organized by the school
• Modernization and attractiveness of teaching methods and tools used by teachers, implemented during basic curricula in the field of PE, and health and safety areas – implementation during standard school resources – PE lessons and extracurricular activities organized by the partners’ schools
• Updating the list of topics (areas of health, safety, sport) that are relevant to students and updating the way how to communicate them to students.